Black Hair Transplant
Before flying out to Istanbul, our patient shared his photographs with another clinic for initial assessment and flied out for the procedure. However on the consultation day things did not go as planned. Due to his nature of curly hair our patient was rejected was another clinic in Istanbul.
Harvesting of curly and black hair from a donor site for hair transplants involves a slightly modified technique. In standard cases, the scalp hair grows straight but in people having Afro hair; both the follicles and hair have a degree of curvature in relation to the scalp which must be taken care of when harvesting donor hair.
How is the Procedure Different?
Some of the most common differences between a standard hair transplant and an Afro hair transplant are listed below.
- Patients with Afro hair usually prefer less temporal recession
- Patients may exhibit an unfavorable reaction to dissolvable sutures during strip surgery which can slow down the healing process.
- Curly hair tends to curl under the skin also. Hence, the hair follicles usually require more space.
- Only highly skilled and qualified professionals can perform a hair transplant on Afro hair.
- If there is any mistake in choosing the right kind of tools and technology to clean and separate the follicles, many complications can arise
- Afro hair transplant needs more staff, more effort and more time
- Hypertrophic eruptions or keloid can take place which can be treated
- Patients may experience hyperpigmentation at the recipient and donor sites
- Folliculitis can occur a couple of months after the surgery. However, this can be treated with antibiotics
After his treatment with FlyHealth, he expressed his satisfaction and finally he was happy that his efforts to come to Istanbul were not for nothing!
The popularity of hair transplant treatment surgery is directly associated with the overall refinement, value and cost effectiveness of the procedure today. Twenty years ago, hair transplant treatments didn’t look natural, were very costly and not widely available.
Today hundreds of men suffering from hair loss have confidently embraced hair transplant surgery to restore hair fullness and regain confidence.
Following in the footsteps of movie stars, celebrities and even political figures, men from all walks of life are opening having their balding or thinning hair restored.