Breast lift, medically known as Mestopexy, is a commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedure for women who wish to regain their figure after childbirth, aging, or significant weight loss. As time passes, the natural suspensory ligaments of the breasts are stretched by gravity. Therefore, women with larger breasts tend to notice sagging of the breast more than women with smaller breasts. Nonetheless, even women with small breasts can experience sagging. Childbirth and breastfeeding can also take a toll on a woman’s breast shape, causing a condition known as “involution,” where the tissue inside the breasts shrinks, leaving a flatter, droopier breast.
Shedding significant amounts of weight can also give breasts a “deflated” appearance. Undergoing breast lift surgery, women are able to restore the figures they have lost. In some patients who experience significant shrinking of their breast tissue, breast implants Turkey is needed to be combined with breast lift to provide the fullness and roundness desired. This procedure combines the techniques of both a breast lift and augmentation.
Cost of breast lift in Turkey
The total cost of breast lift surgery in Turkey varies widely, depending on the type of lift performed—and how extensive the surgery will be. More extensive breast lift surgery takes more time in the operating room, thus the cost is greater. Patients with severe drooping may require more extensive surgery. Turkey is considered one of the most inexpensive medical tourism destinations due to the lower cost of living, high exchange rate and inexpensive overhead charges. Patients who travel to Turkey for breast lift surgery are expected to save up to 70 percent on their treatment. The overall price of breast lift in Turkey include the surgeon’s fee, the surgical center fee, the board certified anesthesiologist, follow-up visits, airport pickups, interpretation service, hotel accommodation and patient hosting.
Good candidates for breast lift
During your initial consultation with one of our FlyHealth breast surgery experts, he will review your medical history and assess the condition of your breasts to determine if breast lift procedure would be right for you. Women who are considering more children may need another breast lift after pregnancy and breastfeeding, as these are the main causes for breast drooping. Ideal candidates are women who are generally healthy and have realistic expectations.
Women with the one or more of the following conditions are considered good candidates for breast lift :
- Sagging or pendulous breasts
- Nipples that hand below the breast crease
- Breast lacking firmness
- Enlarged areolas
- Excess breast skin
Recovery from breast lift
Following breast lift in Turkey, you will be asked to wear supporting garments to help reduce swelling and will likely have a drain to help remove excess fluid.
It’s crucial to follow all the post-op instructions set by the doctor to ensure a smooth recovery.
- Drain removal and bandage will be changed after 2 days
- Take minimum 1 week off from work
- You may have bruising and swelling for up to six weeks
- You may return to regular exercise after 4 weeks
Results of breast lift
The final results of breast lift surgery in Turkey will appear over the next few months as breast continues to adjust to its new shape and position. Incision lines are permanent, but will continue to go away over time. The results of breast lift surgery will be long lasting. Over time, your breasts can continue to change due to aging and gravity. You will be able to preserve your new appearance longer if you maintain your weight and keep a healthy lifestyle.
- Surgery is performed under general anaesthesia.
- Returning to work is possible within one to five days.
- Exercising is possible after two weeks.
- Results are expected to last at least ten to twenty years.
Breast lift procedure
Our plastic surgery Turkey doctors use different surgical techniques to lift the breast. Typically, the further the breast has fallen, the more extensive the surgical technique will be. Our plastic surgeons perform breast lift thorough one of the following techniques :
When the nipple has fallen only slightly, you may qualify for a crescent mastopexy. During crescent mastopexy technique, a small crescent of the breast skin and the breast tissue are removed from the area above the areola. You are left with a small scar above the areola.
If the nipple requires to be moved a little higher, this is considered the most appropriate surgical technique. Benelli mastopexy involves removing a donut shaped piece of skin around the areola—and attaching the remaining breast skin. The scar is circular and encompasses the areola. This method is commonly referred to as a Benelli breast lift or a Donut mastopexy.
Vertical lollipop mastopexy method suits patients with severe breast ptosis (drooping). In this technique, the skin is removed around the areola—and also on the lower part of the breast gland. The scar is usually around the areola and also vertically down the front of the breast—hence the name ‘lollipop’ scar.
Pre op, post op instructions
- Don’t take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamin E, if pain reliever is needed, choose tylenol, in case of any other medications, ask your doctor
- Don’t smoke and don’t drink alcohol
- Make sure that all your blood tests are done
- Don’t eat or drink anything after midnight, even water is not allowed, if any medication is needes, take it with small spis of water only
- You can take a shower and wash your hair in the morning, but don’t wear any makeup, hair spray or gel, don’t use nail polish, however you may leave acrylic nails on
- Don’t wear clothes that must be pulled over the head, choose loose fitting clothing instead
- Have a responsible adult stay with you after your surgery and overnight until the morning following the procedure
- Limit your activity sharply over the first week after surgery to walking around the house only, move/bend your legs when lying down
- You may take a shower three days after the surgery
- Any aerobic activities are to be avoided for 3 weeks
- Drink plenty of water/fluids (up to 10 glasses per day)
- Breathe deeply for the first 24 hours after surgery, as this helps to expand the base of lungs
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco for at least a week
- In case of vomiting or nausea, delay food and medications until it passes
- Keep your initial dressings dry, start wearing a tight, supportive bra 3 weeks after surgery
- Keep incisions clean
- Wear your elastic (ace) wrap at all times for the first 5 days, then at night for an additional 7 days
- If you have any concerns, call your doctor immediately
News & Articles
We had a chance to interview our young patient N.A from London right after he got it off his chest. Many men who think about male breast reduction surgery to correct enlarged breasts would be happy to listen to his thoughts.