Women with very large, pendulous breasts may suffer from a range of medical issues caused by excessive weigh—from back and neck pain to skeletal deformities and breathing problems. Not to mention the psychological implications resulting from large-size breasts. Large breasts can make a woman or a teenage girl feel extremely self-conscious. If your breasts are causing you physical or psychological pain—or hindering your lifestyle, you should consider breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction Turkey, technically known as reduction mammaplasty, is designed for women experiencing these problems. Breast reduction Turkey removed fat, glandular tissue and skin from the breasts, making them smaller, lighter and firmer. Reduction mammaplasty in Turkey can also reduce the size of the areola (the dark area around the nipples). The ultimate goal is to give women smaller, better-shaped breasts in proportion with rest of the body.
After breast reduction Turkey, you will have better-proportioned breasts and you will feel more comfortable, confident—and your clothes will fit better. Of all plastic surgery procedures, breast reduction surgery results in immediate relief and the quickest body-image changes. On the other hand, should be patient and let your body take its time to adjust to the new changes. Opting for breast reduction surgery Turkey, you will rid of pain and physical discomfort caused by large breasts—and your body will look better proportioned. Men also can take advantage of breast reduction surgery by undergoing male breast reduction surgery Turkey.
Breast reduction Turkey surgery for men is a procedure to correct overdeveloped or enlarged breast—a condition known as gynaecomastia.
Cost of breast reduction Turkey
There are numerous factors that affect the total price of breast reduction surgery Turkey. Usually, breast reduction prices will include the cost of anesthesia, medication, testing, post-surgical bras (breast compress)—and other overhead charges. Other variables that may add to the overall cost of breast reduction surgery in Turkey: qualifications and experience of the plastic surgeon, additional procedures (such as breast lift or a liposuction), surgical technique and the extent of treatment. FlyHealth offers competitively priced breast reduction surgery packages inclusive of the treatment cost, overnight stay at the hospital, hotel accommodation, patient hosting, transfers and interpretation service.
If you decide to undergo breast reduction surgery, we can give you exact cost information, financing options, or discuss other options that may help you recover some of your out-of-country expense.
Frequently Asked Questions about Breast Reduction
Yes, the best result of breast reduction surgery is achieved when the breast is lifted as well. Breast lift in most cases is applied in conjunction with breast reduction surgery. However if liposuction technique is used, breast may not be lifted.
Breast reduction scar will unfortunately be permanent although they fade a lot in time but modern techniques ensure that they are minimal. Contact FlyHealth to see some before after pictures to have an idea about how visible scars are.
There are few potential risks of breast reduction such as bleeding, scar, pain, changes in nipple sensation, infection and breast asymmetry.
Swelling is usually expected to decrease within six weeks and you may go to work in one to two weeks after the surgery, depending on how demanding your job is.
Breast reduction procedure
The most common method used by plastic surgery doctors in breast reduction involves three incisions. First one is made around the areola, another runs vertically from the bottom edge of the areola to the crease underneath the breast. The third incision follows the natural curve of the breast crease.
After the surgeon has removed excess breast tissue, fat and skin, the nipple and areola are shifted to a higher position. The areola, which in large breasts are usually stretched, can also be reduced in size. Skin that was located above the nipple is brought down and joined in order to reshape the breast.
Liposuction may then be used to improve the contour under the arm. Usually, the nipples and areola remain attached to underlying mounds of tissue, and this allows for the preservation of sensation.
The ability to breastfeed may also be preserved by this method, although this cannot be guaranteed in all cases. Skin that was located above the nipple is brought down together to reshape the breast.
Good candidates for breast reduction surgery
Although breast reduction surgery is considered a cosmetic surgery procedure, it is usually performed for physical relief. Most women who opt for breast reduction surgery are troubled by very large, heavy breast that hinder their ability to perform their activities and cause them physical discomfort. In most cases, breast reduction in Turkey is not performed until a woman’s breasts are fully developed. However, it can be done earlier if large breasts are a cause for serious physical discomfort. The best candidates for breast reduction surgery in Turkey are women who are mature enough to fully understand the procedure and have realistic expectations.
Ideal candidates for breast reduction surgery are women who have :
- Breasts that are too large for your body size
- Physical problems including back, neck or shoulder pain due to large, heavy breasts
- One breast that’s larger than the other creating significant asymmetry
- Difficulty with performing exercise and physical activities due to large, heavy breasts
- Numbness in some fingers from bra strap pressure on nerves in the neck or shoulder
- Irritation and rash beneath the breasts
Recovering from breast reduction surgery
After breast reduction surgery, you will be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a surgical bra over dressings. The doctor may place small drainage tube in each breast to drain off blood and fluids for the first day or two. The bandages will be removed a day or two following breast reduction surgery. You’ll continue wearing the surgical bra around the clock for several weeks, until the swelling and bruising fade. Sutures will be dissolvable and will be clipped to skin level on first follow-up visit. Expect to feel some pain for the first couple of days—especially when you make an effort or cough. The surgeon will most likely prescribe medication to relieve the pain. Your plastic surgeon will give you thorough post-surgical instructions for resuming your normal activities. Most women can return to work and social activities after two weeks. You should limit your activities, especially stretching, bending—or any strenuous chore—until your energy level returns. You will also need to have a good athletic bra for support. A small amount of fluid draining from the surgical wound, or some crusting is common and quite normal.
Results of breast reduction surgery
Although much of the bruising and swelling will go away in the first few weeks after breast reduction surgery, it may take six months to a year before your breasts take their new shape. Even then, their shape may fluctuate in response to hormonal changes, weight and pregnancy. Our plastic surgeons do their best to make the scars as inconspicuous as possible. Our surgeons usually place the incisions in hidden areas so that you can wear even low-cut tops.
- Surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- Exercising is possible after two weeks.
Pre op, post op instructions
- Don’t take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamin E, if pain reliever is needed, choose tylenol, in case of any other medications, ask your doctor
- Don’t smoke and don’t drink alcohol
- Don’t eat or drink anything after midnight, even water is not allowed, if any medication is needes, take it with small spis of water only
- You can take a shower and wash your hair in the morning, but don’t wear any makeup, hair spray or gel, don’t use nail polish, however you may leave acrylic nails on
- Don’t wear clothes that must be pulled over the head, choose loose fitting clothing instead
- Limit your activity sharply over the first week after surgery to walking around the house only, move/bend your legs when lying down
- You may take a shower three days after the surgery
- Any aerobic activities are to be avoided for 3 weeks
- Drink plenty of water/fluids (up to 10 glasses per day)
- Breathe deeply for the first 24 hours after surgery, as this helps to expand the base of lungs
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco for at least a week
- In case of vomiting or nausea, delay food and medications until it passes
- Keep your initial dressings dry, start wearing a tight, supportive bra 3 weeks after surgery
- Keep incisions clean
- Wear your elastic (ace) wrap at all times for the first 5 days, then at night for an additional 7 days
- If you have any concerns, call your doctor immediately