Aging can lead to changes in the appearance of the neck resulting in various combinations of skin laxity, fat excess and muscle weakness. Sagging skin often occurs in the neck, drooping off the bottom of the chin or off other areas of the neck. Another factor that leads to sagging skin of the neck region is when a massive amount of weight is lost. In addition, uncontrollable factors such as genetics can negatively affect the appearance of neck, resulting in sagging neck skin, pockets of subcutaneous fat or bands that divide the neck into unsightly horizontal sections. When these developments occur, cosmetic enhancement may become necessary to restore the appearance of a smooth, youthful-looking neck contour. A neck lift surgery can correct the effects of time, gravity, smoking, or heredity by tightening your loose neck muscle and removing excess fat and skin from the neck area—making you appear thinner and younger.
Depending on your aesthetic concerns and appearance goals, FlyHealth plastic surgery Turkey specialists can recommend a specific neck lift procedure or neck tightening plan to correct common problems such as turkey wattle neck, excess fat—or excess skin around neck and jawline.
Many patients opt to undergo neck lift surgery in Turkey in combination with a different facial rejuvenation procedure such as brow lift Turkey, eyelid surgery or another treatment for a heightened aesthetic experience.
Cost of Neck Lift in Turkey
Since a neck lift can be performed in conjunction with other treatments, the cost may be higher than if it is done alone. We provide customized treatment packages inclusive of the procedure cost, surgeon’s fees, anesthetic cost, transfers in Istanbul, patient hosting and hotel accommodation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Neck lift
Neck lift would possibly be the most suitable treatment for you as will correct your saggy neck skin. Your muscle will be tightened and loose skin will be removed for a more youthful facial appearance. To better evaluate your condition, please send us your pictures so that we can send you an evaluation of our plastic surgeon for free.
Most patients usually experience some bruising and swelling for one to two weeks. Sleeping with elevated head makes the recovery process faster and diminishes swelling.
Surprisingly, neck lift cost in Turkey is much lower than other European countries such as the UK and Netherlands. We offer up to 70% savings on UK and Netherlands prices. Contact us to learn more about how much neck lift costs in Turkey.
Neck Lift Procedure in Turkey
A neck lift surgery is carried out under general anesthetic and is usually performed on an outpatient basis, unless it’s done in conjunction with other, more complex plastic surgery treatments, such as facelift Turkey. To start the neck lift procedure, your plastic surgeon places an incision in the neck region. The length, position—and pattern of the incision—will be chosen based on the patient’s unique anatomy and appearance needs.
Types of Neck Lift Surgery
Platysmaplasty neck lift
This highly effective neck lift technique helps to create a taunt, smooth muscle layer and a sharp transition between the neck and jaw. Although a time-consuming procedure, patients can benefit from the natural, long-lasting results produced. In a platysmaplasty neck lift, the incisions are traditionally made under the skin and behind the ears.
This type of incision enables the plastic surgeon to access the neck musculature, as needed. The surgeon may also use permanent internal sutures to keep the repaired tissues in place after surgery. Your plastic surgeon may also use liposuction on the neck to remove fat deposits.
Cervicoplasty neck lift
Cervicoplasty can be performed alone, or in conjunction with plastymaplasty technique. The plastic surgeon may also use permanent internal sutures to keep the repaired tissues in place after surgery. After the surgeon makes the incisions, he will remove surplus skin—and alter the neck musculature if needed. Once finished, he closes the incisions with stitches and dresses the wound with bandages.
FlyHealth plastic surgeons are board certified physicians offering neck lift surgery to help correct aesthetic issues affecting the neck. They have extensive experience in the two main treatment techniques to neck lift: cervicoplasty and platysmaplasty. To sum it up, cervicoplasty eliminates excess neck skin to provide patients with a smoother neck profile. With platysmaplasty, the surgeon corrects or possibly removed certain musculature from the neck to enhance the appearance of troubling, unsightly neck bands.
Good Candidates For Neck Lift
Undergoing neck lift in Turkey can provide a boost to one’s self-confidence. A neck lift can be performed on patients above 18 years of age who feel the need to enhance the appearance of their necks. Typical patients range between the ages of 30 and 70.
A good candidate for neck lift in Turkey may have the following:
- Turkey neck
- Excess fat and/ or excess skin in the neck
- Visible or loose neck muscle bands
- Lack of pleasing neck contours
If you are self-conscious about your neck appearance and have the above-mentioned symptoms, you can be considered a good candidate for a neck lift in Turkey. You should also remember that cosmetic surgery is meant for improvement, not perfection. Having realistic goals and expectations—as well as being mentally stable—are very important to ensure a successful surgery.
Recovery from Neck Lift
Individuals who choose to undergo neck lift should be prepared to take some time off work, ranging from one to two weeks. During the first 24 hours after surgery, neck lift patients should arrange to have a friend or relative accompany them on their medical trip to Turkey, as movement will be difficult. The first few days will be spent entirely in bed, with prescribed pain medication taken to help ease the pain or discomfort.
The recovery period will be longer who combine neck lift surgery with other treatments such as facelift or brow lift Turkey.
Results of Neck Lift
Welcome to a beautiful new you. Neck lifts generally improve over time. Final results are usually seen within six months. Patients who refrain from smoking, drinking—and other lifestyle habits that might affect recovery— might achieve their desired appearance more quickly.
Important Notes :
- Neck lift will remove excess skin and fat from your neck area.
- Pain and discomfort during and after procedure are usually minimal.
- Procedure takes about 13 hours.
- Recovery time is 7-14 days with full recovery in 34 weeks.
Pre op, post op instructions
- Don’t take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamin E, if pain reliever is needed, choose tylenol, in case of any other medications, ask your doctor
- Don’t smoke and don’t drink alcohol
- Don’t eat or drink anything after midnight, even water is not allowed, if any medication is needes, take it with small spis of water only
- You can take a shower and wash your hair in the morning, but don’t wear any makeup, hair spray or gel, don’t use nail polish, however you may leave acrylic nails on
- Don’t wear clothes that must be pulled over the head, choose loose fitting clothing instead
- Remember to keep your dressings dry and intact after neck lift, always notify doctor if the dressings becomes loose or fall off
- Monitor your drainage
- Wear your elastic (ace) wrap at all times as advised by the doctor
- Clean the suture with hydrogen peroxide and apply antibiotic ointment twice a day to speed up the healing process
- In an unlikely case of pain, use pain medications (f.ex. tylenol) as prescribed by your doctor, remember not to drive a car or consume alcohol after taking medications
- Take swelling medications with your food
- At first your diet should include liquids only and slowly you can progress to soft food
- Keep your head elevated at night and try not to sleep on your side
- Any aerobic activities are to be avoided for 3 weeks
- Sutures will be removed four to five days after the surgery
- If you have any concerns, call your doctor immediately.