Breast reduction is ideal for women with very large, saggy breasts. Because this problem can suffer from a range of medical problems caused by being overweight, it can range from back and neck pain to skeletal deformities and breathing problems. Not to mention the psychological implications resulting from large-size breasts. Large breasts can make a woman or a teenage girl feel extremely self-conscious.
If your breasts are causing you physical or psychological pain – or hindering your lifestyle, you should consider breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction Turkey – technically known as reduction mammaplasty, is designed for women experiencing these problems. Breast reduction removed fat, glandular tissue and skin from the breasts, making them smaller, lighter and firmer. Reduction mammaplasty in Turkey can also reduce the size of the areola (the dark area around the nipples).
The ultimate goal is to give women smaller, better-shaped breasts in proportion with rest of the body. In other words, while the breast size is reduced in the surgery, the shape is also improved.
After breast reduction Turkey, you will have better-proportioned breasts and you will feel more comfortable, confident and your clothes will fit better. Of all plastic surgery procedures, breast reduction surgery results in immediate relief and the quickest body-image changes. On the other hand, should be patient and let your body take its time to adjust to the new changes. Opting for breast reduction surgery Turkey, you will rid of pain and physical discomfort caused by large breasts and your body will look better proportioned. Men also can take advantage of this surgery by undergoing male breast reduction Turkey.
Breast reduction surgery for men is a procedure to correct overdeveloped or enlarged breast a condition known as gynaecomastia.
Problems Caused by Big Breast
Since it will be exposed to gravity more with a large breast, it sags in a shorter time and its appearance deteriorates. Apart from the deterioration in appearance, the patient may have back and neck pain due to the weight of a large breast. Neck muscles may develop to resist the weight and cause a bad appearance. It can cause the person to lean forward, deform the body’s posture and even deform the spine up to a hump.
It can cause scarring due to the cutting of the shoulders by the bra straps and sometimes pressure on the arm nerves and cause numbness in the hand. In the lower part of a large and drooping breast, there may be rashes as a result of friction and sweating, and the rash may progress and turn into wounds. In addition, large and heavy breasts can limit a person’s physical activity.
Especially young girls with large breasts may have difficulties in choosing clothes. If the woman does not like herself and her self-confidence is damaged due to large and drooping breasts, it can cause social and even psychological problems.
In addition, in cases where the number of mammary glands increases, the probability of developing breast cancer increases.
Difference of Breast Reduction from Other Aesthetic Surgeries
Although breast reduction operation aims to reduce larger breast size and create a more aesthetic appearance, the surgery is actually a reconstructive surgery, not an aesthetic one. According to us and many plastic surgeons who think like me, although the reduction of very large breasts reduces many problems that may occur in the future, it should not be evaluated aesthetically by private health insurances and state health institutions, but there is no such practice for now.
What Breast Reduction Provides
In breast reduction surgery, the breasts are reduced and reshaped according to the body size of the person, while giving the breasts a natural appearance. The operation makes life easier by eliminating the patient’s complaints due to large breasts.
Cost of breast reduction Turkey
There are numerous factors that affect the total price of this surgery in Turkey. Usually, breast reduction costs – prices will include the cost of anesthesia, medication, testing, post-surgical bras (breast compress) and other overhead charges.
Other variables that may add to the overall cost of this surgery in Turkey: qualifications and experience of the plastic surgeon, additional procedures (such as breast lift or liposuction), surgical technique and the extent of treatment. FlyHealth offers competitively priced breast reduction surgery packages inclusive of the treatment cost, overnight stay at the hospital, hotel accommodation, patient hosting, transfers and interpretation service.
If you decide to undergo breast reduction surgery, we can give you exact cost information, financing options, or discuss other options that may help you recover some of your out-of-country expense.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can breast reduction in Turkey be performed with breast lift?
Yes, the best result of this surgery is achieved when the breast is lifted as well. Breast lift in most cases is applied in conjunction with breast reduction surgery. However, if liposuction technique is used, breast may not be lifted.
Is the breast reduction scar so visible?
Breast reduction scars will, unfortunately, be permanent although they fade a lot in time but modern techniques ensure that they are minimal. Contact FlyHealth to see some before after pictures to have an idea about how visible scars are.
What are breast reduction complications?
There are a few potential risks of breast reduction such as bleeding, scar, pain, changes in nipple sensation, infection and breast asymmetry.
How long is the breast reduction recovery process?
Swelling is usually expected to decrease within six weeks and you may go to work in one to two weeks after the surgery, depending on how demanding your job is.
Breast reduction procedure
The most common method used by plastic surgery doctors in breast reduction involves three incisions. The first one is made around the areola, another runs vertically from the bottom edge of the areola to the crease underneath the breast. The third incision follows the natural curve of the breast crease.
After the surgeon has removed excess breast tissue, fat and skin, the nipple and areola are shifted to a higher position. The areola, which in large breasts are usually stretched, can also be reduced in size. Skin that was located above the nipple is brought down and joined in order to reshape the breast.
Usually, the nipples and areola remain attached to underlying mounds of tissue, and this allows for the preservation of sensation.
The ability to breastfeed may also be preserved by this method, although this cannot be guaranteed in all cases. Skin that was located above the nipple is brought down together to reshape the breast.
Good candidates for breast reduction surgery
Although this surgery is considered a cosmetic surgery procedure, it is usually performed for physical relief. Most women who opt for breast reduction surgery are troubled by very large, heavy breasts that hinder their ability to perform their activities and cause them physical discomfort. In most cases, breast reduction operation in Turkey is not performed until a woman’s breasts are fully developed. However, it can be done earlier if large breasts are a cause for serious physical discomfort. The best candidates for breast reduction surgery in Turkey are women who are mature enough to fully understand the procedure and have realistic expectations.
Ideal candidates for breast reduction surgery are women who have :
- Breasts that are too large for your body size
- Physical problems include back, neck or shoulder pain due to large, heavy breasts
- One breast that’s larger than the other creates significant asymmetry
- Difficulty with performing exercise and physical activities due to large, heavy breasts
- Numbness in some fingers from bra strap pressure on nerves in the neck or shoulder
- Irritation and rash beneath the breasts
Recovering from breast reduction surgery
After breast reduction surgery, you will be wrapped in an elastic bandage or a surgical bra over dressings. The doctor may place a small drainage tube in each breast to drain off blood and fluids for the first day or two. The bandages will be removed a day or two following breast reduction surgery. You’ll continue wearing the surgical bra around the clock for several weeks, until the swelling and bruising fade. Sutures will be dissolvable and will be clipped to skin level on a first follow-up visit. Expect to feel some pain for the first couple of days especially when you make an effort or cough.
The surgeon will most likely prescribe medication to relieve the pain. Your plastic surgeon will give you thorough post-surgical instructions for resuming your normal activities. Most women can return to work and social activities after two weeks. You should limit your activities, especially stretching, bending – or any strenuous chore – until your energy level returns. You will also need to have a good athletic bra for support. A small amount of fluid draining from the surgical wound or some crusting is common and quite normal.
Rest is Necessary
The post-op process for breast reduction requires resting. Any patient who has breast reduction surgery needs a certain recovery period. This period might change among patients. Still, rushing things up can lead to unsuccessful surgical results. For this reason, patients need to give some time to their body to recover. This will help your body to regenerate tissues and muscles to achieve successful results. While the entire recovery process can take up to 6 months, the patients can go back to their daily lives after a few weeks.
Results of breast reduction surgery
In this procedure, the breast size and shape will change. Since the excess fat is removed, the breasts will have a smaller look. Patients who experience back pain due to large breast size can easily choose this procedure. Having too large breasts can cause significant back pain and spine problems. Over the long run, patients can experience posture problems. Today, breast reduction operations in Turkey can help to eliminate all these problems.
Although much of the bruising and swelling will go away in the first few weeks after breast reduction surgery. It may take six months to a year before your breasts take their new shape. Even then, their shape may fluctuate in response to hormonal changes, weight and pregnancy. Our plastic surgeons do their best to make the scars as inconspicuous as possible. Our surgeons usually place the incisions in hidden areas so that you can wear even low-cut tops.
- Surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- Exercising is possible after two weeks.
Pre-op, post-op instructions
2 Weeks Before
- Don’t take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamin E, if pain reliever is needed, choose Tylenol, in case of any other medications, ask your doctor
- Don’t smoke and don’t drink alcohol
- Do not eat or drink anything after evening time.
Day of Surgery
- You can take a shower and wash your hair in the morning, but don’t wear any makeup, hair spray or gel
- Don’t use nail polish, however, you may leave acrylic nails on
- Choose loose and comfortable clothes.
- Limit your activity sharply over the first week after surgery to walking around the house only
- Move/bend your legs when lying down
- You may take a shower three days after the surgery
- You should not do aerobics activities for 3 weeks
- Drink plenty of water/fluids (up to 10 glasses per day)
- Breathe deeply for the first 24 hours after surgery, as this helps to expand the base of the lungs
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco for at least a week
- In case of vomiting or nausea, delay food and medications until it passes
- Keep your initial dressings dry, start wearing a tight, supportive bra 3 weeks after surgery
- Keep incisions clean
- Wear your elastic (ace) wrap at all times for the first 5 days, then at night for an additional 7 days
- If you have any concerns, call your doctor immediately
Breast reduction is an easy operation performed by our experienced medical team in the best hospitals in Istanbul, Turkey. If you are experiencing discomfort due to your large breasts, you can contact us. You can be sure that we will offer you the most efficient result in breast reduction with our professional medical staff located in Istanbul Turkey. We want you to know that breast operations are successfully performed by experienced surgeons.
If you have large breasts that weigh on you and make your life difficult, you can get rid of this problem and lead a comfortable life with FlyHealth.
Your arrival in Turkey from your country, accommodation in your hotel, operation – arrival and departure, all the time you will spend in Turkey are planned by us in the best way for you. You don’t have to worry about all this travel, FlyHealth is with you. View which hotels we have agreements with.
Why Turkey and FlyHealth in Breast Reduction?
- Highly experienced doctors and advanced clinics in Turkey.
- Breast reduction is a very important aesthetic operation. Therefore, the FlyHealth medical team consists of doctors who know the importance of the subject.
- Turkey has more reasonable fees in this type of operation compared to Europe. That’s why people living in Europe prefer Turkey for breast operations.
- FlyHealth works with a team of experienced doctors who are competent in their field in Turkey.
- Apart from your operations in Turkey, Flyhealth also provides your accommodation needs at the best hotels at the most affordable prices. It also helps you to have a good time in Istanbul.
- FlyHealth has always received good evaluations in the transactions it has carried out. We recommend that you visit the relevant patient opinions section.
- FlyHealth listens to you about your complaint, understands your needs and guides you in the right direction. The first thing it cares about is that you have the look you want in a healthy way.
- Be sure that, seeing you happy months after the operation is FlyHealth’s biggest goal.