Gynecomastia is a common medical condition marked by an enlarged male breast. Many men who suffer from gynecomastia feel very self-conscious of their appearance. While there is often no particular cause for gynecomastia, it has been associated with some medical conditions and the use of certain drugs. When diet and exercise fail to get rid of gnecomastia, male breast reduction surgery becomes the only permanent solution.
Male breast reduction is a surgical procedure designed to help reshape and improve contour of the male chest for a flatter, toned appearance— by removing excess fat, breast tissue and, sometimes, excess skin from the chest.
Male breast reduction surgery may be performed on one of, or both of, breasts, depending on the patient’s unique condition.
During consultation with FlyHealth plastic surgery Turkey specialist, he will be glad to discuss the options available to you and how gynecomastia surgery can help achieve your desired goals.
Before undergoing male breast reduction, you will need to provide a complete medical background history.
Cost of male breast reduction surgery in Turkey
The cost of male breast reduction surgery in Turkey is appealingly affordable for UK and US patients due to a number of factors. The lower cost of living, low overhead charges and favorable exchange rate are all contributing factors to the inexpensive cost of male breast reduction surgery in Turkey. Traveling for male breast reduction surgery abroad allows patients to save up to 70 percent on their treatment and to enjoy a memorable holiday in Istanbul. Turkey enjoys a strategic position in the center of the world, beautifully nestled between Europe, Asia and Middle East, making it the most accessible country in the world. There are many low-cost flights from Europe and the Middle East to Istanbul, Turkey.
Frequently Asked Questions About Male Breast Reduction
I want to get rid of my man boobs. Is it possible with gynecomastia surgery in Turkey?
Gynecomastia is the best method to get rid of man boobs. Gynecomastia performed by FlyHealth plastic surgeons Turkey will help achieve your desired results and get rid of man boobs permanently. However if you gain weight significantly, use steroids or have hormonal problems, you may experience recurrence of gynecomastia although it is a very small chance. Contact FlyHealth now to learn more about male breast reduction in Turkey.
Can you tell me about male breast reduction recovery period?
Pain will subside within a few days. It is usually advised to avoid heavy activities such as lifting and participating in strenuous activity for two weeks after surgery, so that any post-op bleeding is minimised. Full healing usually occurs after six weeks. It is better to take a leave from work for one week. You should also wear the compression garment as advised by your surgeon for two weeks.
What’s the cost of male breast reduction in Turkey?
Male breast reduction cost is exceedingly high in Western European countries. It starts from €5,000 and goes up to €15,000 depending on the location and the surgeon. These high prices are usually a big burden on the patients. That is why, FlyHealth is a great option for those who are low on budget. With Fly Health, you can save up to %70 and still have the same quality male breast reduction performed in any European country. Contact now to learn the exact price.
Male breast reduction Turkey procedure
General anesthesia is commonly administered in male breast reduction procedure and surgical time averages between one to three hours.
If the enlarged breasts are primarily caused by excessive fat tissue, male breast reduction surgeons may use liposuction technique to remove the fat– whereas excess glandular tissue and skin will require excision. Liposuction Turkey is performed through incisions, which are then closed using sutures and are usually covered with a dressing. The chest can be wrapped to keep the skin firmly in place, by wearing a special compression vest underneath the clothes for a few weeks.
Good candidates for male breast reduction surgery
Any man who feels uncomfortable with his large breast size can be a candidate for male breast reduction surgery.
The best candidates for male breast reduction surgery have firm, elastic skin that will easily reshape to their body’s new contours.
Recovery from male breast reduction
Male breast reduction aftercare
Male breast reduction recovery period is usually smooth and free of complications. Following male breast reduction surgery in Turkey, patients will experience some bruising, swelling and little discomfort. This discomfort usually subsides after a few days and can be relieved with prescribed medication.
To help reduce swelling, an elastic pressure vest should be worn for about two weeks—and for several weeks after at night. You will be advised to walk around on the day of the male breast reduction.
Many patients are able to return to work within one week. You may also start doing light aerobic exercise after a week—but you should avoid strenuous activities for about three to four weeks following the surgery.
Results of male breast reduction surgery
While the results of male breast reduction are considered permanent, excess weight gain or the use of certain medication, like steroids, may induce recurrence of gynecomastia.
Related Read: Male Breast Reduction Aftercare: What you Need to Know
- If you smoke, doctor will ask that you quit smoking at least two weeks before the surgery and start smoking not earlier than two weeks after the surgery.
- Please note that it is not enough to just cut down on smoking. Patient must stop completely prior to the surgery, since smoking can cause complications more likely and slows the process of healing.
Pre op, post op instructions
2 Weeks Before
- Don’t take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamin E, if pain reliever is needed, choose tylenol, in case of any other medications, ask your doctor
- Don’t smoke and don’t drink alcohol
- Don’t eat or drink anything after midnight, even water is not allowed, if any medication is needes, take it with small spis of water only
Day of Surgery
- You can take a shower and wash your hair in the morning, but don’t wear any makeup, hair spray or gel, don’t use nail polish, however you may leave acrylic nails on
- Don’t wear clothes that must be pulled over the head, choose loose fitting clothing instead
- Limit your activity sharply over the first week after surgery to walking around the house only, avoid lifting and bending, move/bend your legs when lying down
- Expect to have pain for the first 24 hours, take your pain medication before your pain becomes severe
- Any aerobic activities are to be avoided for 3 weeks
- Drink plenty of water/fluids (up to 10 glasses per day)
- Breathe deeply for the first 24 hours after surgery, as this helps to expand the base of lungs
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco for at least a week
- In case of vomiting or nausea, delay food and medications until it passes
- Wear compression garment for a week after surgery
- Keep incisions clean
- If you have any concerns, call your doctor immediately