"Hello! I am very satisfied with the service the company has provided. I am also…
A few years back, cosmetic surgery was frowned upon, and everyone who went under the knife to improve their appearance faced a lot of backlashes. However, in recent years, cosmetic surgery’s popularity has skyrocketed as more and more people opt for surgery to improve their appearance.
Some people do it due to medical reasons. This type of cosmetic surgery is referred to as reconstructive surgery, whose aim is to improve function and enhance the appearance of a part of a patient’s previously damaged body. Patients looking to undertake cosmetic surgery should take the decision seriously as most of the results are permanent. Before exploring what to expect after having a facelift, neck lift, and eyelid surgery, let’s understand some of the things you should consider before proceeding with the surgery.
Factors to Consider before Undertaking Cosmetic Surgery
- Expectation: Before undergoing any face or neck lift, identify why you want to do it and what’s your expectation. Communicate clearly with your surgeon to avoid unwanted results.
- The cost of the surgery: Cosmetic surgeries are not covered by any insurance plan, so it would be best to have your finances in order. Take a consultation with your surgeon and have every cost accounted for from surgery, medication to follow-up care, or any additional procedure. To get the estimate, you can fill this form and get a reply within 48 hours.
- Risks: Every surgery comes with risks, so before anything, learn about all the risks involved with face and neck and eyelid surgery. This will help you in your decision-making.
- Recovery: If you are taking leave from your job, it’d be good to know ahead of time how long the recovery will take to avoid missing work.
- Finding a surgeon: Due to the popularity of cosmetic surgeries, take care not to encounter a fake plastic surgeon. FlyHealth Instanbul has a team of qualified and certified plastic surgeons. It would be best to have several consultations with your preferred surgeons and voice all your questions and concerns. Make sure that you are satisfied with their answers and advice and seek a second opinion if possible. Having a close relationship with your surgeon increases your chances of getting satisfactory results.
Facelift, necklift, and eyelid surgery are most common for people looking for anti-aging procedures and are designed to enhance your overall facial structure. It is performed mainly on people aged between 45 and 80 and should be in good health. Some younger generations opt for cosmetic surgery to look a certain way or enhance their features to resemble a celebrity.
As you age, your skin and tissues lose their elasticity, which leads to sagging and wrinkles. A facelift is the best solution as it lifts and tightens your facial tissues. The surgeon also removes excess skin while smoothening the wrinkles and folds that appear on your face.
Facelift surgery focuses on two-thirds of your face and most often includes the neck. People choose to get facelift surgery for various reasons, the most common ones being:
- Enhance facial structure
- Remove wrinkles and folds
- Reduce facial volume
- Eliminate smile lines
- Reconstructive after an accident
Facelift surgery differs from one person to the next because we all have different facial structures and expectations. So follow your doctor’s recommendation while still adhering to your expected results.
Necklift surgery is a procedure that helps improve aging signs in your jawline and neck. If you are highly observant, you will notice that some people tend to have extra skin on their necks and under the chin. Thus, people undertake neck lift surgery to remove the fat, loose skin while contouring your neck to give it a youthful look.
It is also referred to as blepharoplasty. It is a cosmetic technique that helps improve your eyelids appearance. It can either be performed on the lower or upper eyelids or both. Eyelid surgery is often used to treat:
- Loose or saggy skin around your eyes.
- Remove fat deposits that make your eyelids appear puffy
- Bags under your eyes
- Dropping eyelids
- Remove excess skin and smoothen the wrinkles on your lower eyelid
The upside is that these three surgeries can be performed altogether as they are all meant to enhance your facial appearance. The upside of having cosmetic surgery is that these days surgeons use dissolvable sutures or skin glue. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about scars are they are made to blend with your facial structure.
What to Expect After the Surgery
After surgery, don’t expect to see results immediately. This is because your face will take several weeks or months to heal completely. Some of the things to expect after the facelift, necklift, and eyelid surgery include:
- Pain in your face
- Numbness due to anesthesia
- Drainage incisions.
Listen to the patient satisfaction
Lily Sorensen from Sweden had a facelift, necklift, and upper and lower eyelid surgery at FlyHealth Instanbul. After the surgery, she panicked because her face was swollen, but the capable medical team at FlyHealth Instanbul laid her fears to rest by explaining that it was okay and that the swelling would go down as her face heals. Lily was happy to see her face take a new shape at her last follow-up.
After surgery, your doctor will prescribe the necessary medications, advise you on follow-up appointments and self-care practices to observe while at home to avoid infections.
Some of the self-care tips to observe after a facelift, necklift, and eyelid surgery include:
- Do not pick on any scabs that appear on your face, as it may leave a scar
- Don’t use makeup
- Wear clothes that don’t require you to pull them over your head
- Avoid strenuous activity
- Follow your doctor’s guidelines
- Do not stand in direct sunlight for a minimum of 3 weeks.
When undergoing any surgery, medical or cosmetic, you must be aware of the potential side effects. And they include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Blood clotting
- Wounds take longer to heal
- Heart problems
So please talk with your doctor at length and let them explain all the dangers of the operation before deciding whether it’s ideal for you.
If your facial outlook is impairing your confidence and self-esteem, you are allowed to have cosmetic surgery if you have the means. A combination of a facelift, necklift, and eyelid surgery will enhance your facial features and give you a youthful appeal, thus improving your self-esteem. And the upside is, with proper care, the surgery results can last for about 10 years.
Are you looking for a solution for your drooping eyelids? Book a free consultation with us.