Our patient came from the Netherlands to have a hair transplant. Two days of hair…
Hair transplant solution is the latest not only for those who have lost their hair to untimely fall but even for them who want to alter their hairlines or go on to acquire an attractive mane. However, are hair transplant solution really safe and successful? Is it a lasting process or does this procedure result in an unwarranted tissue changes in the body?
Who is a good candidate for a hair transplant?
Men and women of all races can be good candidates for a hair transplant solution.
To be considered for a hair transplant, you need two things:
- Enough healthy hair on your scalp that can be transplanted to the area that needs hair
- The ability to grow hair on the thinning area of your scalp
While free assessment via pictures, you can find out if you have both. We will give you free assessment before booking hair transplant turkey.
To find out why you do have hair loss, you may also want to take a blood test. This can check for things going on in your body that may be causing your hair loss. If the tests do show that you are a good candidate for a hair transplant solution, we can tell you what results to expect. A full head of hair may be unrealistic, but a fuller head of hair is the goal.
Steps for hair transplant solution:
Hair Transplant is a surgical process that involves removal of hair follicles from any site in the body like face or legs and plants them on the hairless portion of the head. This process is also used in transplanting hair in the lashes and brows. The latest techniques are permanent and they do pick up follicular clusters of hair. This process is called the Follicular Hair Transplantation (FUT) which can be invariably done in two ways that is strip harvesting and follicular unit extraction (FUE).FUE can be even done in a single or several settings. It is a manual and time taking process but gives very natural results and leaves behind no marks at all. However, it is not a cost-effective process and is time consuming both for the doctor as well as the patient. However, use of robotics has reduced the time in this process and simplified it tremendously.
The confirmed steps are as follows:
1. Preparation for the hair transplant: In the initial step of the Hair Transplant Surgery, hair follicles from the back of the head are removed and relocated into the balding areas.
2. Donor area is trimmed: Before the surgery is started, the hair in the donor area is invariably trimmed.
3. Donor area is prepared for surgery: Once the hair in the donor area are trimmed it is given local anaesthesia.
4. Tissue in the donor area are removed and the Donor area is sutured: The tissue in the donor area that contains the bald resistant hair follicles is then removed surgically and the donor area is completely sutured.
5. Combed hair over sutured donor area: The sutures in the donor area are hidden from the patient’s hair that are combed all over them. These sutures are then removed almost ten days after the hair transplant surgery.
6. Donor tissue trimmed into the follicular unit grafts: Microscopes are then used by the surgical technicians to view the donor tissue for dissecting and preparing the follicular units into hair grafts.
7. Bald recipient area is prepared: Once the local anaesthesia is given to the patient, the balding recipient area is prepared for the complete surgical process. No trimming/removal of hair is required at the top of the recipient area.
8. Positioned Incisions made in the balding areas: Follicular Unit Grafts are placed in the tiny incisions that are made in an irregular pattern in the recipient area.
9. Then Grafts are placed according to their densities: The smallest grafts (one and two) are placed in front of the hairline and three and four (are denser than one and two) that are placed behind.
10. Immediately after the Hair Transplant Surgery: After the hair transplant surgery, tiny incisions with short hair would be totally visible on the patients operated area.
11. Closing of the Hair Transplant Surgery: The incision marks then do heal naturally and the redness in the recipient area vanishes itself within a week.
Hair transplant is a complete non-invasive procedure and is done on an outpatient basis. Mostly patients are allowed to shampoo after two three days although the scalp needs to be protected from sun and infections for a while after the surgery. The patients are generally put on antibiotics for a few days.
When do patients see results from a hair transplant?
Most patients see results between six and nine months after surgery. For some patients, it takes 12 months.
It is important to know that between two and eight weeks after the surgery, the transplanted hair will fall out. This is normal. By the third month, the hair may look thinner than before you had the transplant. Again, this is normal.
Medicine can certainly help you keep the results
To get the best results from a hair transplant, your dermatologist may recommend medicine that treats hair loss. Medicine helps because hair loss and thinning can continue, even after a hair transplant. Medicine can thus prevent or slow down new hair loss and thinning. By doing that, you can keep your natural-looking results for years to come.
Advantages of hair transplant
1 Natural and permanent solution to hair thinning and baldness.
2 You get your own natural hair growing back for the rest of your life.
3 Great results giving you an aesthetic, youthful look.
4 No admission or stay required.
5 You can resume your work after 1 or 2 days.
6 Transplanted hairs can be washed, cut and groomed as per one’s own wish.
7 Further grafting is also possible to get more thickness.
Risks, side effects, and possible complications
In the overwhelming majority of hair transplantation procedures there are no complications. However, a number of side effects, risks, and complications can occasionally occur. For the purpose of putting these things in perspective, we will divide them into two categories:
those that occur occasionally and those that occur very rarely and are included here for the sake of completeness:
Side effects that do occur only occasionally:
- Mild Swelling in the forehead, occurs in about 1 in 10 procedures
- Mild “Shocking” (shedding) of existing weak hair causing them to drop out for 3 months, after which they grow back
- Epidermoid cysts,
- Temporary numbness of part of the head,
- Post-op pain or headache
Minor and trivial side effect:
- Itching in the area of the new grafts or along the donor scar may occur occasionally.
Side effects or complications that occur only very rarely:
- Irregular or uneven or delayed hair growth
- Discoloration of grafts
- Elevation or depression of grafts
- Dizziness or fainting
Allergy or reaction to anaesthetics or medications used:
- Medications are kept at hand to immediately treat any allergic reactions.
- Failure to improve “quality of life”
Infections: Very rare because of the rich blood supply
There is also the possibility that other effects or complications not known, recognized, or even understood, may develop, now or in the future.
Hair transplant surgery may be a good option for people who have hair thinning and hair loss. It may not be a permanent solution to thinning hair, but for many people, it can help restore hair fullness and self-confidence.
Take a look at the real experience
As often experienced with Fly Health the service was brilliant from the start to the finish. I was fetched from the airport, taken to the hotel, then I got done with the procedure which was absolutely pain free for me. I just sat through the entire procedure which was well done and I was good to go post that. Thank you.
About the writer:
Trishna Patnaik is a BSc (in life sciences) and MBA (in marketing) by qualification but an artist by choice. Previously a corporate professional, she realised that she wanted to do something more meaningful. She found her true calling in her passion, painting. Trishna is now a full-time professional painter based in Mumbai, as well as an art therapist and healer.