Follicular unit extraction FUE is an advanced hair transplant Turkey technique designed to harvest follicular units from the scalp and body for use in hair restoration treatment. The follicles are extracted from the skin leaving tiny spots (less than 1mm in diameter). One of the alluring advantages of follicular unit extraction Turkey is its non-invasive nature. The skin heals quickly in the area, where the follicles were, without visible scarring.
FUE harvest technologies in Turkey are the fastest, most accurate and efficacious way to harvest hair thought leaving out a linear scar. Therefore, FUE Turkey is quite different than the older and more conventional hair transplantation methods. FUE is also useful for patients who wish to avoid stiches or would like to keep their hair short as it leaves almost invisible scars in most patients.
Good candidates for a FUE procedure
- Men who have been losing their hair due to balding for over five years, with realistic expectations and who understand that their hair loss might continue to progress even if they are taking prescription medication to stop the progression
- Men who have been balding for many years and who’s pattern has stabilized and are interested in just adding some hair to provide a more youthful appearance.
- Men and women who have lost hair due to trauma or burns
- Men and women who have lost hair due to other cosmetic procedures such as face-lifts.
Benefits of FUE
- No visible scars
- Comfortable healing process
- Decreased recovery period
- Ideal to correct previous donor scar that cannot be effectively excised
- Fewer limits on post-op activity
- Viable alternative for patients with decreased scalp laxity
To Do List for Follicular Unit Extraction
2 weeks before
- Don’t cut your hair within two weeks of your procedure, leave your hair at least w cm in length in the back and on the sides to cover the sutures/staples after your procedure, if there is any question regarding length, it is better to leave your hair on the long side as those can be trimmed to the appropriate length the morning of surgery
- Don’t take products containing aspirin, ibuprofen and vitamin E, if pain reliever is needed, choose tylenol, in case of any other medications, ask your doctor
- Don’t smoke and don’t drink alcohol
3 days before
- Don’t consume tobacco and don’t drink alcohol
day of surgery
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes
- You may eat and drink as on any other day
- Shower your hair in the morning before procedure
- Sleep with head elevated only
- Second day you will meet with the doctor for check-up and third day you will have your head lotioned, left for 30 minutes, then washed with a special shampoo.
- You will do the same process for 10 days
- In the first week after procedure shampoo very gently
- 10 days after procedure grafts are permanent, you can resume normal shampooing and hair care
- Avoid alcohol for 3 days after procedure
- Don’t smoke for two weeks after procedure