What to Do After Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant is considered as an exceedingly delicate cosmetic procedure. New hair may take about six months to start growing; for this reason, it’s important for patients to follow post-operative instructions to the letter to avoid complications and ensure proper healing and healthy growth of the hair.
At FlyHealth, patient’s health and wellbeing have always been the focal priority. Proper guidance is provided all through the hair transplant procedure along with the post-operative recovery period.
Mentioned below are some post-operative tips that would help hair transplant patients in recovering faster.
- After having hair transplant surgery, the patient has to sleep with their head elevated for few 10 nights.
- Treat your scalp gently after your transplant procedure. Apply the medication the doctor prescribed, using minimal pressure to avoid damaging the implanted grafts.
- Avoid scratching your head at all cost. You many notice slight itching and scabbing around the transplanted area. Make sure to keep your fingers away from your healing scalp.
- As the doctor advised, use a gentle shampoo to cleanse the area around the hair follicles carefully. Use a light touch to spread the shampoo, avoid rubbing the transplanted area. Rinse gently; avoid strong water pressure. Tap your scalp dry with a soft towel.
- Refrain from consuming medication such as vitamins, Aspirins, Ibuprofen or any Arthritis tablets for at least 4 days after the transplant procedure. These medications can promote blood thinning which might result in excessive bleeding.
- Don’t expose your scalp to direct sunlight for few days. If you have to, make sure you wear a loose-fitting hat.
- Avoid physically demanding activities such as cycling, running or sports activities including golf, football, baseball, cricket, soccer, etc. for 10 days after the surgery. Heavy weight lifting can be resumed after a month from surgery.
- Give yourself a scalp massage after your doctor gives you the go-ahead to begin touching the area around the transplanted hair. Mix three drops of the essential oils of rosemary, sage and peppermint. Stir these into a teaspoonful of olive oil.
These herbs may help stimulate new hair growth. Apply this mixture to your scalp and massage gently once or twice each day.
- Consult your doctor before you start using minioxidil to help speed up the process of hair growth. Apply this solution to a clean, dry scalp. Wash your fingers well after applying minioxidil to your new hair.